This agreement is made on the basis that the house is to be occupied by the tenant for a holiday for a specified period. It is a contract between the house owner and the tenant/applicant (named on the booking application). The tenant must be over 21 years of age; will have responsibility for the property and must have the authority to ensure that all members of the party observe these booking conditions.
Once the requested dates are confirmed as being available they will be reserved in the applicant's name for 5 days. If payment as outlined below is not received in that time we regret that the reservation will be cancelled.
Payments from the UK
Bookings more than 8 weeks in advance: A deposit of 30% of the cost of the holiday, then 8 weeks before the start date: The balance must be paid in full plus a refundable damage bond of £100. Payments can be made by cheque (payable to H E Davies) or by electronic transfer ( please request bank details).
Bookings made within 8 weeks of the commencement date of the holiday: The full amount must be paid plus a refundable damage bond of £100. Payments can be made by cheque (payable to H E Davies) or by electronic transfer (please request bank details).
Receipts for payments made will be issued once payment has been processed (usually 4 working days after cheques have been banked) or straight if paid by electronic transfer. Non payment of the balance will entitle the owner to re-let the holiday. As a rule, reminder notices will not be issued.
Payments from outside the UK can be made via Paypal, please ask for details.
All cancellations must be made in writing. Please note that the following terms and charges will apply:
At least 6 months prior to arrival: A full refund of monies paid.
60 days to 6 months prior to arrival: The applicant is liable for 30% of the cost of the holiday or £75, whichever is the lower.
60 days or less prior to arrival: The applicant is liable for the full cost of the holiday
If, however, the owner is successful in re-letting the property for some or all of the same period they shall return the rent paid for the period which has been re-let, less any costs necessarily incurred to re-let the property e.g. advertising, administration. No assurances can be offered that this will be so, therefore, holiday insurance is strongly recommended.
Changes to a Booking
Applicants wishing to change reserved holiday dates may do so providing the property is available and the owner is in agreement. An administration fee of £15 may apply
No Smoking Policy
The owners operate a strict no smoking policy within the house.
The number of guests permitted to stay in the house shall not exceed 4 people. Under no circumstances can the prescribed number of persons be exceeded.
We regret that no pets are allowed.
Times and Duration of Letting
Tenancies commence at 3.00pm on the day of arrival (or earlier by prior arrangement) to 10.00am on the day of departure. It is important that these times are adhered to so that the accommodation can be properly prepared for you and subsequent tenants. The tenant will be liable for any extra costs incurred for attempting to stay beyond the departure time. All keys are to be returned to the owner‘s representative as agreed.
Property Information Folder
An information folder is provided in the property with important information about the property and local services. If missing, tenants must advise the owner‘s representative immediately. The inventory included with the folder should be checked by tenants on arrival and any discrepancies reported immediately to the owner’s representative.
The tenants agree to:
• take good care of the property during occupation maintaining all furniture, fixtures, fittings and effects in the same state of repair as at the commencement of the holiday;
• use the property and its contents in a safe and appropriate manner;
• Read instruction booklets before use of appliances;
• keep the property secure and lock (where locks exist) all windows, shutters and doors whenever the property is left
unoccupied and comply with security and safety precautions;
• not to use the property or any part of it for any of the following, nor allow anyone else to do so: activities which are
dangerous, offensive, noxious, noisome, illegal or immoral, or which are or may become a nuisance or annoyance to the
owner, or to the owner or occupier of any neighbouring property;
• not to act in any way which will or may result in the insurance of the property being void or voidable, or in the
premium for the insurance being increased, nor allow anyone else to do so;
• leave the property in the same state of cleanliness and general order in which it was found; (an additional cost will
otherwise be incurred to cover the extra cleaning)
• Report any damage or breakage immediately to the owner’s representative.
• pay the costs arising from any breakages, damage to furniture or fittings, removal of any items from the property,
damage to the exterior of the property including any damage to neighbours’property.
• not make any noise at the property which is audible from outside it between 11pm and 7 am;
• place refuse, surplus food and unwanted articles in bin liners inserted in the waste bins provided and, if full, to
dispose of the contents of the bins in the refuse container outside of the house and to replace disposed of bin liners with fresh empty ones.
• not drop any litter in the street or surrounding areas;
• not block the waste pipes and drains;
• not tamper with the electrical, water or sewage services, pipes or equipment.
Damages and Breakages
The £100 damage bond will be refunded in full by the owner - within 28 days of the end of the letting period - providing an inspection of the property reveals all to be in good order. Should this not be the case, the cost of any damages or breakages will be paid for from this bond and the remainder refunded. Any damages incurring costs over and above the £100 damage bond will be invoiced with payment required immediately by return.
The owner and their representative retain the right to enter the property at any time.
Problems or Complaints
In the event of there being any problems or deficiencies with the accommodation or contents the matter should be reported to the owner’s representative at once. Prompt notification by the tenant is required to enable remedial action to be taken. No complaints will be accepted or correspondence entered into where complaints are made at the end of a tenancy.
The owner cannot accept any liability for:
• any injury sustained by any person;
• loss of, or damage, to any property brought onto the premises;
• noise, nuisance or disturbance resulting from building works, noisy neighbours or local events etc.;
• disruption of service from utility suppliers
• closure of shops or amenities described in the property details.
Breaking the Terms and Conditions
The owner reserves the right to terminate the tenancy, without refund, if there shall be a breach of any of these conditions. This is without prejudice to any of the other rights and remedies available to the owner.
Non Availability of Property
In the event of the property becoming unavailable (e.g. through fire or other natural disaster) the tenancy is automatically cancelled or ended and the owner will refund all monies paid, or if the letting has commenced, proportionately any part of the rent for any period for which the property cannot be used. In no event shall the liability of the owner to the tenant exceed the rental paid for the property.
Terms and conditions